Weekend getaway lessons learned
2. If it looks like fun, it probably is. Half of which a pregnant woman isn't allowed to do.
3. What you can do -- with a life vest -- will make you look like a dork because the extra-large life vest will fit your middle but nowhere else:
4. Don't ask your husband if you look like a Grade A dork or just a small dork while wearing a sun hat. He will evade the question and then not point out the hat isn't sitting all the way down on your head, creating a large bubble on top. So naturally, you look like a Grade A dork.
5. Don't walk in front of children playing with water spray guns. They don't care that you are an adult. Who is dry. And pregnant. They show no mercy.
6. It's hard to get a toddler to stop watching dolphins, especially when they're swimming upside-down.
7. Twelve bucks for parking?! Seriously?
8. Take advantage of all the fun you can, while you can.
9. Whatever they pay people who clean public restrooms, it can't possibly be enough.
10. They really should charge less than $12 for parking when you have to walk a quarter-mile to get to your car at the end of the day!
We went to Aquatica in Orlando this weekend and had a blast there! You know how I love water parks. This one is excellent. There are two water playgrounds for kids, a wave pool with a huge beach area, a lazy river, a rapids river, loads of water slides that I couldn't go on and even a few animals to see. I was told it was smaller than the Disney water parks, but it didn't feel small to me at all. We just really and truly had a fun time. Too bad we had to come home....
- - - - -
Can you take a few seconds and vote for Tropic of Mom in the Nickelodeon Parents' Picks Awards here? You can vote every day!
For Local Blog in Miami